What is the Coptic Gratitude
Journal 5-Day Challenge?
During The 5-Day Coptic Gratitude Journal Challenge, I will guide you step by step through the process of making your own beautiful handmade book.
Each day I'll teach you the skills you need to put together this meaningful journal.
Join for just $15!
You don't have to be a bookbinding pro to take part!
Crafters of all types—mixed media artists, painters, quilters, art journalers—are all welcome to join the challenge! The pre-recorded video instructions are easy to follow, and you'll have lots of support from me and the community during the challenge.
When you purchase the challenge, here's what you get:
How It Works
- Before signing up, you can view the supply list below!
- When you sign up for the challenge, you immediately get access to a welcome video and additional resources.
- While you wait for the challenge to begin on October 2nd, you can gather your supplies and join the 5-Day Challenge Facebook group.
- Every day of the challenge, you get access to that day's prerecorded instructional video. You can also join the optional daily Zoom calls at 10AM and 4 PM EST to ask questions and participate in gift card giveaways!
- Once you finish your books, you can submit photographs to be included in our 5-Day Challenge wrap-up movie.
- On the Sunday after the challenge (October 8th), you can participate in the 5-Day Challenge wrap-up party to share your work and celebrate completing the challenge!
If you have any questions, check out the FAQ at the bottom of the page.
Tool & Supply List
Here's everything you'll need for the Gratitude Journal 5-Day Challenge.
More details will be available after sign-up.
- 4 of single or double-sided wrapping paper/gift wrap, 18" long x 12" tall (46cm x 30.5cm)
- Mixed media, sketch, drawing or watercolor paper for signatures (number will depend on how thick the paper is), 12” long x 6” tall (30.5cm x 15cm)
- Additional papers at least 6” tall (15cm) - magazine pages, decorative papers, vintage papers etc (optional)
- 2 pieces of book board or chipboard 6.25” x 6.25” (16cm x 16cm), approx 1/8" or 3mm thick
- 2 decorative cover papers 8.25” x 8.25” (21cm x 21cm)
- 2 decorative end sheets 6” x 6” (15cm x 15cm)
- Decorative papers can be more wrapping paper, scrapbook paper or paper you’ve decorated yourself.
- 24” (60cm) ribbon/seam binding/fabric for closure
- Scrap paper for gluing
- Wax paper (optional)
- Waxed linen thread or embroidery floss or pearl cotton with beeswax
- PVA or other white glue
- Bone folder
- Bookbinding awl
- Metal ruler
- Needle - bookbinding, embroidery, crewel or sashiko - one with small eye
- Punching cradle or large book for punching holes
- Quilting ruler (optional)
- 4 binder or quilting clips
- Glue brush
Challenge Days Sneak Peek
On each day of the challenge, you'll get a new video that teaches you how to make the next part of your book. Below is a sneak peek of what we'll be doing each day!
Day 1: Create Pockets
Day 2: Create Pages
Day 3: Create Covers
Day 4: Create Sewing Holes
Day 5: Sew The Book